version v.0.020

Midonik

version v.0.020

Post by Midonik » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:23 pm

new update is uos
We got 10 versions since the last one so it's about time for new topic. I think it's fine for me to take over.
What's new:
Human:
- underground fortress - image by @Puss_in_Boots and @DoomsdayDragonfire
- APC - image by @DoomsdayDragonfire
- hover rocket artillery - image by @DoomsdayDragonfire
Changes:
- all armed human infantry is now effected by aiming device tech (or should at least...)
- reworked the terrain modifiers for all infantries (thanks to @StormSaint373 for pointing out an issue about human speed on forest - I forgot that's how it worked!):
1. Human infantry should receive -1 speed on: forest, desert and snow terrain and be unable to move on mountains
2. Following units are excluded from 1., besides the inability to walk on mountains: scouts (they can mountainwalk with 0.5 speed actually), snipers, all support weapons (infantry with 2 speed)
3. Both HAP troopers units can mountainwalk with 0.25 speed
4. Reptilan infantry should receive -2 speed on snow and mountains
5. Grey units (besides the jetpack) should additionally receive -1 speed on forest (engineers additionally can't mountainwalk

- walker vehicles can now only waterwalk on normal water - not on deep, idea by @Typhoon
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=135
All help will be welcome.

Midonik

Re: version v.0.020

Post by Midonik » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:18 pm

Oh and I forgot, but the volcanic tiles can now host tcs. Thanks to @DoomsdayDragonfire and @samuelch for pointing out the issue.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://www.androidutils.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=135

Midonik

Post by Midonik » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:26 am

version v.0.021 is uos
What's new:
Human:
- VTOLs - images and ideas by @DoomsdayDragonfire
Reptilans:
- ACPs - images and ideas by @DoomsdayDragonfire
- Tick tank - images and idea by @ DoomsdayDragonfire
- Citadel: mega - image by @PussinBoots, but it still needs polishing
- Plasma mines
Changes:
- teleport and jump effects now work like AoF jump (they kinda need decent images)
- ranged units with AoE and AAs received minimal ranges
- stealth units are actually stealth finnaly :lol:
- mines now have explosion animation on step
- minor changes in bonuses

DoomsdayDragonfire

Post by DoomsdayDragonfire » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:26 pm

Nice, the only bad side for me is minimal ranges, i don't think they are needed here, btw i found one issue with stealth units that only @Stratego (dev) can fix.

It's the pathfinding of units against stealth units (this happens on AOW too), if you have detected one stealth unit, your units are unable to set a path around this stealth unit even if they fly. So if you have an enemy stealth unit between point A and point B that can't be stepped, and order your unit to move over it, it will not move, staying on the same tile and wasting your movement on the turn.
Stay Awesome!
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Return to “DEVELOPER version changes”