Kicks/Skips-Badge

Anything that does not fit into any other forum inside "Reporting issues".
patroid

Kicks/Skips-Badge

Post by patroid »

Hi,
My badge keeps dropping.
I keep gettinh skips or kicks.
But i dont know where and why since i check for my turn nearly every 10 hours.

Pls add a possibilitie to see WHERE you got Kicked or Skipped. It frustrates me since i planned to join some high level badge games and now cant caus of unknown kicks/skips.

Patroid
goose88

Re: Kicks/Skips-Badge

Post by goose88 »

Have you tried tapping on your badge at the top when looking at the multiplayer page? It's possible you weren't actually getting skips but you just don't have enough active games to keep your badge up.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Mine has too, but that is only because the amount of active games is dropping for me (I have about 10 on my phone with only 3 active)
Thanks!
Josh
Detros

MP - badge counting not started games?

Post by Detros »

I was at badge +1 with two games. In both I am waiting like 2 days so far for my turn to come.
Just creating two more games got me to +2. Badge data now shows I have 2 active games.
I think the games that have not yet started should not affect the badge.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

i have planned to make a more clear badge calculation (again :))

here is my idea, any comments?

- you start from badge 1.
- determining „start date”: getting the last 8 finished games and the timestamp of the oldest one (the time it was finished)
- every 2 finished games from start time gives you +1 badge (so rrokies will not have 5 badge at start)
- if you get skipped or kicked (that is a skip but the last one) minus 2 badge per skips
so:

badge = max_5(1 + finished_games / 2) – number_of_skips * 2
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

that sounds more clear
Thanks!
Josh
Ravancloak

Post by Ravancloak »

The new badge system is a bit too touchy, in my opinion... For one, even just one skip reduces someone down 2 badges, and assuming someone has 8 active badges, I am pretty it is impossible to have odd numbered badges... The new badge system irks me a bit, but I still love the game. I think if each skip revokes only one badge, the system would be a bit nicer. Also, I don't know how viable this is, but to balance out reducing badges revoked, what if there is more than a maximum of 8 games? Whatever is good, like I said, I'll still love the game. This badge system is definitely more clear, but I did like the prior one slightly more than the system as is now.
A new age will dawn. Ravens will be the herald angels, the stars will shine cold, for from the Star's End, I, THE ADORABLE RAVANCLOAK, HAVE AWOKEN. -- That's why I and my Vespa wanted to say こんにちは!

Return to “Others”