Factions properties

Puss_in_Boots

Re: Factions properties

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Maybe I should summarize...

Humans will have the best chemical resistance due to advanced fields in medical science.
(They will have good medics as well).
However the psionic resistance will not be so great.
Physical might be in between.
Navy is superior.
Air is very good with developments of laser planes even today.
Space flight should be below the reptilians.
OLÉ
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Not best in chemical resistsnce,remember about myconids. Good medics... How about medic unit that cloud heal,remove effects and increase bio armour for some time instant of giving humans higer default bio armour?
I don't really agree with superior navy. I was thinking that humans cloud have high ranges becouse of ballistic missiles. So,they navy won't be the strongest,but will have the best ranges. Same in space. Air... well,Im not sure,but it should be rather good.
Agree with everything else.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Sounds like a good opinion, but I don't understand it about the navy.

There has never been a source I have seen where Alien races needed to control the seas and did a good job of it. Maybe writers never thought about it, but not even games
I have played with alien navy in it that had an actual advanced boat in it.

In the Fantasy route of the game, we have units all completely taken from the Fantasy realm. Their balances are taken from their performance in other games and writing too. We might try to do the same here, but compare with real life too.
OLÉ
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

The problem is that I never read any si-fi book and only si-fi game I played is Steralis,but there were no water navy combat.
But I think that almost all races will encounter water on their mother planet,so will develop some kind of navy. I don't see any reason that humans will have stronger navy than other races.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Factions properties I thoughted and disscussed on Discord:
Humans:
Thier infatries and vehicles are rather avarge. They have many ways to heal, disenchant and increase bio armor of flesh and blood units. Higher tier infatries have nice armor. (We don't have any special resistances, so we need to care about soliders more)
Their airforce is weak in terms of fighting in air, but can deal many damage to ground units. So they can't easily gain air superiority, but can use it pretty well. They have good AAs, so they can defense themselves from air attacks even though weaker fighters.
Their main advantage is artillery (mostly rocket). I think they can have best ranged weapons in game.
They have plenty of hovercraft units, rather mechanised the motorized, if those terms even fit situation. Their basic infantry have no penalty in woods and moves with 1 speed through mountains (on Earth we have all possible terrain, so every infatrymen can get various training). Thanks to those two things they can fight in rough terrain.
They have also best navy, focused on range, carriers and smaller ships (biggest class is a crusier), with many ballistic weaponary.
They have three types of techs: one increasing damage of rockets and one increasing speed of ground vehicles (both STEALABLE FOR ALL RACES) and path of technical reaserch, that mostky gives some cool stuff to infantry (like current aiming device or curveable handguns).
Reptilians:
They have two "main" subraces: alphas - infantry is strong, high hp and nice attack. They are most part of reptilian's infantry. Also they have officer Vehicles, both air, hover (those mostly serve to transport units) and ground, are fast, with good attack (if any) and rather easy to destroy.
Second are greys, weak in battle, but with natural psionic talents (all their units have some psychic resistance, and also some psionics, rather supportive/defensive than aggressive) and are good engineers (they have battle infantry with mend rate, perhaps their builders should have more mend rate). Their vehicles (ground and air) are heavily armored, with high hp and attack, but slow.
Their airforce can easily defeat enemy's (reptilian style fighter), but thier bombers are rather weak (grey's style). They have one hard to destroy AA (grey's) and one cheap (alpha's).
Their fleet, if any (should they have it?), spilted the same.
I think they can have movement penalty on snow, since they are reptiles, that can't endure cold too well. Standard infantry can't pass mountains on their own, but they can be transported with massive hover transports. Also some special infantry for that.
For buliding destroying on ground they have demolition grandes and a "gigalaser", I will post idea someday.
Again three types of techs: one increasing damage of laser weapons, one increasing armors (both stealable for all races) and a path of biological researches (like regeneration and invisiblity).
Myconids
They were created by some advanced race that they rebeled against. (If someone wants it different in storyline then that's fine) They took their technology, but that civilization was most advanced in biology. So instead of creating machines they created a creature to serve their need. So all units myconids have are living, even basic weapons.
They are focused and numbers. We cloud even give them a 1 cost unit, even though Stratego suggested to don't do that. They can also spreed spores in many ways. Even massive scale somehow (like bombing with spores or using missiles) That way they can capture laser and cinetical weapons, cause as a basic they have chemical. Perhaps they cloud convert living creatures that way, but per one.
They basic weapons are chemical, they also have higher chemical armor. They infatry is weak. For special targets (anty vehicle, anty infantry, vehicles, aircrafts) they have special living creatures. They rather don't have psionic.
Two stealable upgrades paths: one increasing bio damage, one maybe bio armor, and some specials, perhaps some fancy biological mutations.
Tbh I don't have more concepts.
Avians
So all their infantry is flying, as well most of vehicles (they have mountain terreined world, so only that works). They are religious, and that religion is connected with psionic that they are masters of (all their basic infantry has a psionic spell after reserch, check on forum). They mostly use psychic damage. Basic and some more infantry can gain + attack after eating a deadbody.
They are best in manuvering with planes, they have highest speed and some dodges, thought they aren't too well in ground attack. Idk about AAs.
Two stealable upgrades paths: one increasing dodges of planes, one increasing physical damage and some specials with new psionics.
No more concepts.
Insectoids
Their basic infantry has higher physical armor. Use laser weapons, but also own bodies (some posion is welcome). They are focused on numbers, but not that much as myconids. They have serval subspecies (at least one flying) for different targets, with own leaders boosting them in different ways.
Some vehicles in insect's like shapes, also some bigger insect spieces.
Each subspiece have a queen that spams units and has boosting auras.
About technology: two upgrades paths stealable for all: one increasing hp max, one increasing physical armor and some specials but idk what theme.

Return to “Factions”