Frost dragon

Skelegonsans

Re: Frost dragon

Post by Skelegonsans »

I'm confused at what exactally this frost breath does... every post says something different. What does it do again??
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

After i thought a bit frost breath must be poison breath-like area attack that applies chilling effect. No initial damage.

Chilling (effect): slows unit for 1 turn, damages it for 4 damage/turn and lowers damage by 4. Lasts 3 turns, can't affect undeads, demons, mechanical units, buildings (they don't have temperature feelings and thus they ignore this effect).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Updated, better.
Savra

Post by Savra »

I take it, this is ready now?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

makazuwr32 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 pm After i thought a bit frost breath must be poison breath-like area attack that applies chilling effect. No initial damage.

Chilling (effect): slows unit for 1 turn, damages it for 4 damage/turn and lowers damage by 4. Lasts 3 turns, can't affect undeads, demons, mechanical units, buildings (they don't have temperature feelings and thus they ignore this effect).
I thought you said there could only be one on-hit effect applied at a time? taking damage and reducing stats (speed and damage) are two different effects.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

it can be made as one.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

that would make the coding complicate. I say either use a more simple effect or go back to the freezing idea. it's much more original and interesting than just an aoe damage that reduces stats.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is not so complicated as you think.

I was saying that 2 different and already coded in the game effects can't be applied by 1 spell - like burning and slowing or disarmor and curse.

But if make new effect (and your freezing requires new effect as well) than it can do anything - damage unit, slow it, reduce damage, armor, actions, spell resist, sight, etc... Fear effect for example lowers attack, armor, speed and sight of unit. And dark presence effect of dark dragon's aura currently lowers attack, speed, sight, spell resist, armor.

Your suggestion of freezing is combination of curse (disabling unit) and strengthen (stat increase - p.armor increase).

Also, @Savra, lower armor of this dragon to 2/2, increase health to 44, lower damage to 15, remove aoe for balancing reasons.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Alright, so what else? It's still the first breath problem isn't it? It doesn't require that much coding because Stratego supplied the Jsons for the programmers to use in doing this.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Only what is needed is to code in new effect - chilling weapon and chilling.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Cryomancer has the chilling icon of you need it.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:53 am It is not so complicated as you think.

I was saying that 2 different and already coded in the game effects can't be applied by 1 spell - like burning and slowing or disarmor and curse.

But if make new effect (and your freezing requires new effect as well) than it can do anything - damage unit, slow it, reduce damage, armor, actions, spell resist, sight, etc... Fear effect for example lowers attack, armor, speed and sight of unit. And dark presence effect of dark dragon's aura currently lowers attack, speed, sight, spell resist, armor.

Your suggestion of freezing is combination of curse (disabling unit) and strengthen (stat increase - p.armor increase).

Also, @Savra, lower armor of this dragon to 2/2, increase health to 44, lower damage to 15, remove aoe for balancing reasons.
if that effect can be made then the freezing also can. just make it a new status that apply both of the debuffs as a single status and not apply both separately. It's logic, dude. It would need coding either way so it's not a loss and it's much more interesting than a mere stat-reducing AoE skill that looks literally like all the other skills in the game. :geek:

That's another problem BTW, there's already a dragon that has an AoE damage & stat reducing breath, the lightning dragon. So this is a copy of it basically. Even if the stats reduced are different, it's still pretty much the same. No variability. The game needs new IDEAS, not new copy-paste of previous units with number and image changes here and there.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Your freezing is different.
It can be overpowered in many situations ESPECIALLY because it can affect buildings, has range and is on flying unit.

Lighting dragon deals instant damage and slows.
This one deals dot damage, slows and lowers attack.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

it's not overpowered at all. It simply locks one SINGLE unit, taking magic resistance into account (so stronger units / valuable targets would pretty much never get affected because of their hight magic resistance), deals a moderate damage over time and even gives it total resistance to piercig damage. how is that OP?
(the use on buildings thing is understandable, though. We can just remove that part.)
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well against elves it is op.
Because if curse is disenchanted than unit can instantly act.

You make your unit invurable to arrows for turn, next turn you disenchant him and he can act again.

This idea acts as curse+p.armor. If unit is disenchanted from curse it can instantly act.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

image is very nice but have a feel that it is 2D, because of the totally front view or not sure.
this one wouldbe good for a tech, but for a unit iwould make it look a little not so frontal view, (little side - not totally side, and little higher view)
but the image is great looking!
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Agree
A bit flat with front wiew and too big wings

May reskin my acid dragon.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Savra

Post by Savra »

Yes, I figured image could use work. I'll just redo it. I have a certain position for it I had in mind.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:29 am Well against elves it is op.
Because if curse is disenchanted than unit can instantly act.

You make your unit invurable to arrows for turn, next turn you disenchant him and he can act again.

This idea acts as curse+p.armor. If unit is disenchanted from curse it can instantly act.
Then just make it a single effect like you mentioned for chilling. You said a single stat effect can be made to have as many effects as needed (like the fear example you mentioned) - so make a freezing effect that deals DoT, curse-like effect and p. armor increase all in one debuff. because it's a single debuff then parts of it can't get dispelled separately.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No chilling effect must not increase unit's armors.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Anything to propose.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.

Return to “Scaledfolk”