Dwarf Race — OUTDATED

makazuwr32

Re: Dwarf Race

Post by makazuwr32 »

Cleric will be 2 turns, Priest 4 turns
I also want completely remove unit upgrades.
Only blacksmith upgrades and special upgrades like Human's "Reach".
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Golems/ Atronochs

Golems:

Stone
Iron
Mithril

Atronochs:

Fire
Frost
Storm

Made where the Runemasters are made.
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

As for golems i think about workshop.
Because i thought about:
Siege workshop - 20 hp (yes, lower), 8 turns to build, 0/3 armor.

(all these are mechanical units (can be repaired by workers) and immune to fire and ALL spells excluding damaging, curse and slow)
Steam tank - amphibious unit with moderate hp (25-35), moderate damage (10, can be increased by "Advanced gunpowder") and armor (3/3), carry capacity of 2, moves freely in both land and water but at cost of lower speed in compare with regular ships and wagons and bonuses to ships (speed 3, can be increased by 1), cost 6 turns, can be built by workers for 15 turn cost
Submarine - invisible water unit with low hp (15 or less), extremly low damage (2-4), no armor (can't gain), speed 4-5, melee range, ability: "Fire rocket" - fires rocket at water unit dealing 50 (debatable) piercing damage, range 3 tiles, cooldown 1 turn (once per 2 turns), cost 4 turns when near water, can be built in TC.
Siege engine - unit with low hp (20), high armor (6/6), low damage (6, can be increased by "Advanced gunpowder"), medium range (6 tiles), normal speed (3) and trebushet bonuses to buildings, has researchable ability "Barrage": gives +20 damage and +2 actions/turn but lowers range by 3 tiles for 1 turn, cooldown 6 turns, cost 4 turns. Can be built by workers for double cost (8 turns).
Helicopter - Low hp (10-12), no armor (can't gain), extremly low damage (1, can be increased by "Advanced gunpowder" to 7), range 3, power range 1 (can be increased to 3), speed 5, sight 7, huge bonuses to air units (500-700%), cost 3 turns.

Armored Golem - good hp (40), moderate damage (10), great armor and p.armor (7/7), speed 4 , carry capacity 1 (Infantry and workers only, can't carry giants), cost 5 turns
Battle Golem - good hp (40), good damage (15), moderate armor and p.armor (3/3), speed 4 (5 after research), bonuses to infantry, cost 5 turns
Assault Golem - good hp (40), great damage (20), low armor and p.armor (1/1), power range 1, speed 3, bonuses to giants and buildings, cost 5 turns
Mithril Golem - Great hp (80-120), huge damage (40+), great armor and p. armor (9/9), power range 1, speed 3, bonuses to buildings (halved standart ones), cost 8 turns
All golems are count as Giants, amphibious (speed 1) and fight in melee range.
Battle tank - unit with great hp (70), good damage (20, can be increased by "Advanced gunpowder"), good range (5-7), normal armor (2/2), speed 2, can be carried by steam tank, carry capacity 2 (infantry and workers only, can't carry giants), has researchable "Fire grenade" ability (renamed fireball, cooldown 2 turns, range 4 tiles, needs to be researched first), cost 9 turns.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Dwarves were so clever as to also summon Atronochs by their Runemasters.

The Runemasters found mastery in the power of the elements, especially the power of Earth!

Check it out!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Atronoc ... LKAtfLy2TM:
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I don't like idea of giving dwarves elementals or these "Atronochs"
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Also maybe remove from dwarves tavern?
if i remember we wanted a neutral building for money couriers.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5033
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Maybe it's best to start new unit ideas in new topics in the Dwarves' unit ideas section, to avoid clumping up this topic. We should probably focus on balancing of the things that have already been "implemented" into the dwarves and leave the other new ideas to be discussed later to make sure they're good and balanced. Good job on all the jsoning BTW, General. You rule.

Also, if nobody saw my question. I really want to test out these so it would be nice if someone knew an answer :)
How do I get to use these in my game?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

Skelegonsans wrote:How do I get to use these in my game?
"You need to email to Daniel to zerotouchsystems at gmail in order to get the links to the dev version."
-Stratego
Im not coming. Im impending
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Thanks for that
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

General, did you make new effect jsons for dwarf's spells (alchemist and priest ones?)? Cloud you send them here if you did? Becouse there is a bug with them- workers and ranged units can be buffed too.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Ranged units have always gotten strengthen. I actually like being able to use double strike on workers though. It makes dwarves the best builders, and I don't see a problem with using strengthen to protect them if they are in a vulnerable position. Alchemist should also be able to double strike himself I think, as 5 cost seems to justify being able to drink his own potions.
The glorious sun rises again
Sunrise Samurai

makazuwr32 wrote:Cleric will be 2 turns, Priest 4 turns
I also want completely remove unit upgrades.
Only blacksmith upgrades and special upgrades like Human's "Reach".
Boar riders already​ upgrade to master. That should probably get removed. I actually​ think cleric should be an upgrade to priest though. It's not worth 4 cost, and making them different units with practically the same function is pointless.

Also, give dwarves exorcism. They've obviously got a militant priesthood, so it very much fits.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Dwarfs have higer mend rate than anyone anyway I think, so giving them double strike is just insane.
Ranged units really benefits from strengthen? Well, it might make sense with bow, not really with crossbow and rifle...
At least double strike from workers should be removed.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

So what's agreed on?
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Cleric will get better healing and disenchant while priest basic one with some buffs so both will be useful.
I think double usage on dwarven workers is fine... for now.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Considering they even have nearly the same image....

Workers: give them 8 mend rate and 2 actions. This way double strike only gives an extra 8, rather than 15. Sound fair? At that point a 5 cost alchemist juggling 3 workers with double strike will give 1.5 workers worth of labor added, which is pretty close to the 4.5 cost you would be looking at for an equivalent cost in workers.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

If you prefer, I'm fine with it.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Ok.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Sounds balanced. Dwarves are unique in their building methods so giving them two actions and a slightly below average mend rate sounds just right. Nice idea.
Sunrise Samurai

Skelegonsans wrote:Sounds balanced. Dwarves are unique in their building methods so giving them two actions and a slightly below average mend rate sounds just right. Nice idea.
It's actually more effective because 1. Initiating building only takes half a turn, leaving the other half to work on the structure and 2. Sometimes a structure won't take the whole turn to complete, so the worker can save the other action for another project.

Dwarves should not be able to research ambidexterity, but it's a good idea to try to steal it lol

Can we get some kind of tower for dwarves? Preferably gunpowder based, like a cannon tower.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

8 seems still too low for dwarves even with 2 actions for workers. Maybe 9?

As for towers i have some ideas:
1. Rifleman tower. Basically stationary rifleman with a bit higher attack (+1) and 70 hp. 4/8 armor. Can see invisible units.
2. Cannon tower. Aos cannon tower with miss chance (20%) and power range of 1. Range 6.
3. Boulder tower. Hurls huge rocks with even more damage (25) and higher miss chance (30-40%) than cannon tower. Has twice as cannon tower's health (180) and also power range 1. Range 5.
First two towers can get fix to their accuracy and additional damage from upgrades. Third one can't.

Also i think that dwarves need best walls in game:
Dwarven wall
Cost 3 turns
170 hp
10/7 armor
Gives allied units (not buildings) in range of 1 +1/+1 armor.
Can be passed through by allied infantry and flying units (giants, ranged/archers and mechanical can't)
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

To start, AoS cannon tower with miss chance and power range 1 will suffice. It's the easiest one to add, and we can add a better image later.

Remember mend rate isn't decreased by anything, so 8x2=16. That's 1 more than humans with ambidexterity already. Right now they have 15, so it's technically an increase anyway. 9x2=18. Might be a bit high doing 9.

Could we get a higher build bonus on Kingdom? 39 worker turns is rather high compared to other mega buildings
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Indeed it could use a bigger bonus.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

How much double turns it must cost?
I can calculate.

+1 is just not too much increase. +3 is bit better.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

making for a total of 11 mend rate?? nope. 22 mend rate in one turn is just too much
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

How much bonus? And I'm using current using my cousins Wi-Fi.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Scele i meant that 8x2 (+1 total mend rate if compare to humans) is not so good increase and that 9x2 (+3 total mend rate if compare to humans) is better.

Construction bonus depends on agreeded mend rate and double cost of building. So just say me how much must cost building (kingdom under mountain for example) in worker actions and i'll calculate.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Remember that 15 is humans' mend rate WITH ambidextria (that mend rate upgrade they had). So Dwarves are better in building than upgraded human workers already. I say keep it at 8x2.

Or rather, if you'll insist on a high bonus, then make it 8x2 but add a tech of cost 5 or 6 that works like ambidextria for humans and increases mend rate by 1 making it 9x2.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Actually i thought about 2 worker units for dwarwes:
basic worker with 10 mend rate (can't be increased) and engeneer with 2 actions and 15 mend rate, capable of defending itself from orc (can kill it) but at cost of 5 or 6 turns.
Engeneer also can build some mechanic units worker can't.

As for now i think that dwarven worker (if my suggestion will be rejected) needs 9 mend rate and 2 actions.
They will even without this +1 mend rate be able to build tunnels and some other things.
But for mega dwarven this will be dramatic increase in speed by 12.5%
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon »

makazuwr32 wrote:Actually i thought about 2 worker units for dwarwes:
basic worker with 10 mend rate (can't be increased) and engeneer with 2 actions and 15 mend rate, capable of defending itself from orc (can kill it) but at cost of 5 or 6 turns.
Engeneer also can build some mechanic units worker can't.

As for now i think that dwarven worker (if my suggestion will be rejected) needs 9 mend rate and 2 actions.
They will even without this +1 mend rate be able to build tunnels and some other things.
But for mega dwarven this will be dramatic increase in speed by 12.5%
Sounds kinda like War Smith
viewtopic.php?f=118&t=3519
Im not coming. Im impending

Return to “Archived - Dwarven Units, Buildings”