Dwarf Sharpshooter — ARCHIVED

makazuwr32

Re: Dwarf Sharpshooter

Post by makazuwr32 »

General Brave wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:11 pm I do like the volley shot, but perhaps it should have more Miss chance.
Sniper volley is far more powerful and dangerous than headshot.
makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:52 am Sniper volley has some problems:
1. It will be pretty hard to code this ability if without giving additional turns.
2. 3 shots for 10 damage is ofc better than 1 for 30 damage against many races: elves, humans, scaledfolks, other dwarves. (Elves have 11 hp archers! Humans have 11 or 15 after upgrades. And because of that it is op ability to fight agaist them. And remember that dwarves already have great armor on their crossbowmen)
To the 1. :
If you will give via this ability additional turns even for this only turn – this unit instead can use one time his headshot and use regular attack two times. Just no.

Also my suggestion for Siege engine has similar designed ability but less op despite it gives additional turns and damage because it halves range of it and gives them for the next turn, NOT for the current one you used it so enemy can just kill it before you actually use this or move his units away from.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Now that you mention it, I just noticed that this unit's stats match a cost 2/3 archer's stats, wtf, that makes 0 sense. Actually, now that I notice this, even with the headshot this unit would be TOO WEAK, cuz dealing 30 dmg once every 4 turns won't compensate if the unit has a trashy 15 hp and 8 dmg, and making it stay still to get 16 dmg is not worth cuz it'll likely get targeted and deleted, and it's cost is way too high for these stats.

Ok, here is what I propose we do for this guy.

- Buff his stats and cost massively, make him a very powerful 7/8 cost shooter.
- Make him have a SINGLE spell, headshot, that deals a lot of damage and has slightly increased range and takes p.armor into account instead of spell resist, but this damage would be his normal attack damage but with a BONUS MULTIPLIER of, dunno, maybe +75% or +100% (like he attacked an unit and had a bonus against it), and a cooldown of 3 or 4 depending on how much damage it will deal.

This will give him more of a purpose in Dwarven army (right now he just looks like a downgraded rifleman with very poor stats) and make him balanced. How about that.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Seems fine.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

That is always your problemo, Skele. You are looking on ability without stats of unit.

With my headshot ability:

Cost 10 turns, trainable at shooting stand only.
Hp – 15.
Armor – 0/0, can't get any.
Attack – 14, 75% bonus to infantries, archers and giants excluding undead ones, can gain +6 attack from gunpowder upgrades.
Range – 8 (0 in transformed variant)
Sight – 11
Dodges – 50% ranged.
Speed – 2 (4 in transformed variant), can move through muntains at 1(2) speed.
Abilities:
Headshot – instakills living non-cavalry, non-flying, non-undead unit, ignores spell resist, cooldown 6 turns, range 6, can be used only in regular form.
Transform – transforms him to loose range but gain speed and perma invisibility. Can't use headshot ability in this form.

With current headshot ability:

Cost – 7 turns, trainable at shooting stand only.
Hp – 24
Armor – 0/1, can get all regular dwarven armor upgrades.
Attack – 12, 50% bonus to infantries, archers and giants excluding undead ones, can gain +6 attack from gunpowder upgrades.
Range – 7
Sight – 9
25% dodge ranged.
Speed – 3 (1 in mountains).
Abilities:
Headshot – deals 20 piercing damage to unit, can't target buildings and undeads, affected by bonuses, range 7, cooldown 4 turns.

Which one is better?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I like the second one, but I'd suggest a variant for it. Stats are awkward and headshot seems a little bit weak for that cost.

Cost 7
Hp 30
Ar. / P. Ar 0/1 (can be affected by upgrades)
Attack 12 (can be affected by upgrades)
Range 7
Speed 4
(+50% bonus vs. infantry & archers, +75% bonus vs. Giants.)
Spell - Headshot - Deals 25 damage that ignores magic resistance, range 6, cooldown 3.

I like it that way. It's balanced and with upgrades could get really powerful without being OP, I'd consider it the top-tier shooter for dwarves once upgrades are acquired because of long range, high damage and powerful (but not OP) headshot.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Skelegonsans wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:43 pm I like the second one, but I'd suggest a variant for it. Stats are awkward and headshot seems a little bit weak for that cost.

Cost 7
Hp 30
Ar. / P. Ar 0/1 (can be affected by upgrades)
Attack 12 (can be affected by upgrades)
Range 7
Speed 4
(+50% bonus vs. infantry & archers, +75% bonus vs. Giants.)
Spell - Headshot - Deals 25 damage that ignores magic resistance, range 6, cooldown 3.

I like it that way. It's balanced and with upgrades could get really powerful without being OP, I'd consider it the top-tier shooter for dwarves once upgrades are acquired because of long range, high damage and powerful (but not OP) headshot.
1. i don't like idea of speed 4 for it. Just NO.
2. My version headshot yes is affected by p. armor but at the same time it takes bonus from unit as well so on specific targets it will deal 30 piercing damage. maybe only lower cooldown by 1.
3. i also don't like that your suggestion has same amount of hp as some melee units while having such a good attack range.
4. My suggested version also has dodge ranged = more living time and can climb mountains (at low speed)
5. All damaging spells already ignore spell resistance. Even 100%. Death knight of undeads can damage itself with its own fireball and warmage's magic missles can target even imperials.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

1. True, 4 speed is an exaggeration maybe, 3 is good.
2. Is it even possible to make a spell be affected by damage bonus multipliers? if so then yes it should probably be 20 damage and 3 cooldown with 6 range. Maybe also make it affected by upgrades if possible.
3. True, maybe a bit too high, I guess 22 - 24 or something like that will do?
4. Dodge won't really be needed since its armor can be upgraded and dwarf armor upgrading is really strong. It will be quite resilient to arrows and melee units will have a hard time reaching it if it's guarded by frontline units (which it probably should since it's a shooter unit).
5. Oh. True. I forgot about that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :idea:
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

2. Well Warmage's magic missle deals 10 damage in base but instakills factories. So i think this one will take into account unit bonuses as well. The only thing i want is to have for ability same range as his basic one (remember that is it 7). Also i am pretty sure that for now it is not possible that damage from ability can be affected by upgrades.
3. My suggestion has 24 hp, look more careful. Just enough for that.
4. I think still a bit of dodge will not hurt him. 20-25% is fine.
makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:20 am Cost – 7 turns, trainable at shooting stand only.
Hp – 24
Attack – 12, 50% bonus to infantries, archers and giants excluding undead ones, can gain +6 attack from gunpowder upgrades.
Range – 7
Sight – 9
25% dodge ranged.
Abilities:
Headshot – deals 20 piercing damage to unit, can't target buildings and mechanical units, affected by bonuses, range 7, cooldown 3 turns.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Have you guys agreed on something?
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:20 am Cost – 7 turns, trainable at shooting stand only.
Hp – 24
Range – 7
Sight – 9
25% dodge ranged.
Abilities:
Headshot – deals 20 piercing damage to unit, can't target buildings and undeads, affected by bonuses, range 7, cooldown 4 turns.
I guess this is good.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Ok.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I changed a bit targets for ability only – he can target undeads with it but can't target mechanical units (wagons, ships, zeppelins...)
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Why isn't able to hit those?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Because ability is called "headshot". Mechanical units and buildings don't have "heads".
Also this prevents of being a bit too op for this ability.
Ofc he with basic attack can shoot those targets – only with ability can't.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Okay, Make an image of this guy, unless I should use existing image.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:20 am Cost – 6 turns, trainable at shooting stand only.
Hp – 24
Armor – 1/1, can get all regular dwarven armor upgrades.
Range – 8
Sight – 10
25% dodge ranged.
Abilities:
Headshot – deals 20 piercing damage to unit, can't target buildings and mechanical units, affected by bonuses, range 8, cooldown 3 turns. Must take into account bonuses.

Changed stats, increased range, lowered cost.

Last edited by makazuwr32 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Last edited by Tankhead on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

@Savra another great topic to finish up
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Fad3

Post by Fad3 »

Is this ok?

Ignore the name....
Attachments
AoF_Bal' radur_Dwarven Bayonet Rifleman.png
AoF_Bal' radur_Dwarven Bayonet Rifleman.png (909 Bytes) Viewed 4267 times
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is good but it doesn't fit aof style.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Fad3

Post by Fad3 »

Maybe we use the Mithril unit's image as a basis for the sharpshooter???
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

True, it's definitely not bad but doesn't look like an AoF unit to me.
Savra

Post by Savra »

This more fitting?
Attachments
Dwarf sharp shooter.png
Dwarf sharp shooter.png (1.19 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Yes i like that more.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Definitely, I like it!
Fad3

Post by Fad3 »

Wow,he looks very scary...if you're the enemy lol
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Very true. :lol:
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

This looks like a ready topic
@Savra
Savra

Post by Savra »

Added.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:25 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:20 am Cost – 6 turns, trainable at shooting stand only.
Hp – 24
Armor – 1/1, can get all regular dwarven armor upgrades.
Attack – 10, 50% bonus to infantries and giants excluding undead ones, can gain +4 attack from gunpowder upgrades.
Range – 6
Sight – 10
25% dodge ranged.
Abilities:
Headshot – deals 20 piercing damage to unit, can't target buildings and mechanical units, affected by bonuses, range 8, cooldown 3 turns. Must take into account bonuses.
Changed stats, increased range, lowered cost.

Updated stats according to approved by alex blacksmith upgrades.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Archived - Dwarven Units, Buildings”