ai and water maps. other ai bugs IMPLEMENTED

Jqwan

ai and water maps. other ai bugs IMPLEMENTED

Post by Jqwan »

I have noticed that unless the ai contols a town that is directly adjacent to a water tile they will just sit there for eternity stuck on their island. They will not build docks or anythinf which makes playing island maps impossible in most situations. Also have noticed that the elf ai will not build new units like centaur and undead ai will not build dark alter or new units the orcs will not build raptor riders in most situatioms etc.. The ai certainly needs an upgrade for the game to stay fun. As is i almost never lose which makes the game dull after a few playthroughs. They definitely need better water ai as they dont seem to realize that they are trapped on a tiny island with a couple towns where on transport ship or bridge building would allow them to expand and threaten further. As also noted before the death knight hurts his own units with fireball which is annoying.
Midonik

Re: ai and water maps. other ai bugs

Post by Midonik »

I also notice that ai dont bulid transport ships,but I think sometimes they bulid them. They bulid briges for sure.
About death knight: If unit got action ona can use it someway,it active automaticaly. About ai not bulid sometypes of units... Mayby they think its not wort to make them?
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Detros

Post by Detros »

Current dev version should have death knights "not cast it if it would harm friendly unit". See this Daniel's post for more.
jboer2

Post by jboer2 »

In my experience, the AI does build transports but only from TCs adjacent to water. I haven't experienced the AI building bridges.
Thus it may be know that the leader of armies is the arbiter of the people's fate, the one on whom it depends whether the nation shall be in peace or in peril.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Mayby this bulid briges ai was a player... I not sure,it was some time ago.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

We should make some conditions for AI like building water units when they can't reach other tcs and considering turn number (like making fast units at lower turns for expansions) and using special skills
Age of Fantasy design leader
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Jqwan wrote:I have noticed that unless the ai contols a town that is directly adjacent to a water tile they will just sit there for eternity stuck on their island. They will not build docks or anythinf which makes playing island maps impossible in most situations. Also have noticed that the elf ai will not build new units like centaur and undead ai will not build dark alter or new units the orcs will not build raptor riders in most situatioms etc.. The ai certainly needs an upgrade for the game to stay fun. As is i almost never lose which makes the game dull after a few playthroughs. They definitely need better water ai as they dont seem to realize that they are trapped on a tiny island with a couple towns where on transport ship or bridge building would allow them to expand and threaten further. As also noted before the death knight hurts his own units with fireball which is annoying.
water adjacency: yes will need ai impprovement, it is a bit longer to make. - we have separate topic for it.

ai will not build new units like centaur: fixed
undead ai will not build dark alter: fixed
orcs will not build raptor riders: fixed
(please specify which other units needs to be built, thanks.)

death knight hurts his own units: fixed!

all fixed are up on server in 20 minutes ! please tell me these "ai not builds some kind of units" things, it is easy to configure.
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

Daniel (the dev) wrote:
Jqwan wrote:I have noticed that unless the ai contols a town that is directly adjacent to a water tile they will just sit there for eternity stuck on their island. They will not build docks or anythinf which makes playing island maps impossible in most situations. Also have noticed that the elf ai will not build new units like centaur and undead ai will not build dark alter or new units the orcs will not build raptor riders in most situatioms etc.. The ai certainly needs an upgrade for the game to stay fun. As is i almost never lose which makes the game dull after a few playthroughs. They definitely need better water ai as they dont seem to realize that they are trapped on a tiny island with a couple towns where on transport ship or bridge building would allow them to expand and threaten further. As also noted before the death knight hurts his own units with fireball which is annoying.
water adjacency: yes will need ai impprovement, it is a bit longer to make. - we have separate topic for it.

ai will not build new units like centaur: fixed
undead ai will not build dark alter: fixed
orcs will not build raptor riders: fixed
(please specify which other units needs to be built, thanks.)

death knight hurts his own units: fixed!

all fixed are up on server in 20 minutes ! please tell me these "ai not builds some kind of units" things, it is easy to configure.

Necromancer cant summon flesh golem. Nothing happens.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: ai and water maps. other ai bugs IMPLEMENTED

Post by Stratego (dev) »

you need to be adjacent to a corpse

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”