Undead control spells - IMPLEMENTED

Alexander82

Undead control spells - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Alexander82 »

I would add a cooldown to control spells. A few mummies can stop a entire army of orcs.
Age of Fantasy design leader
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: Undead control spells

Post by DoomCarrot »

I think we need a cooldown for like.... All spells. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I agree. I think that the only one that has cooldown is the poison weapon xD
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

that will not solve it - i think we need a spell for orcs to remove bad spells from allies - like the elf has.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

What about a tech that gives orc units some magic resistance?
Like "Anti-Magic Skin". It might give a 50% resistance to all units controlled by the orc player
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

that is too op - but to give that to individual orcs by a caster - that could work
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

That wouldn't work... i think you would wast turns to make more caster just to make sure that some orc aren't affected. If you need to make more casters just to protect from spells you will loose unit useful for fighting, unless you don't make a aoe effect around a unit (like the orc leader)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think we should wprk on that issue somehow
I suggest at least adding some spell resistance to the heavy hitters (Troll, Ettin, hamletback...) and the uruk (that are the elite units)
Also the orc shaman should obtain thespell you was talking of, and also i think it should have the healing spell as other races support mages. (aside from undeads that resurrect corpses or eat them for bg reasons)
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok go back to original version: which unit which spell you suggest to have cooldown and how many cooldowns?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Mummys spells definitely should have a cooldown
A single mummy shouldn't be able to disable more than one unit at once (so it is related to duration of the effect) so that they should focus on the heavy hitters and not on the whole army (it also incredibly slow down the game)
Sacrifice killer shouldn't always instantkill big units. I would change the spell effect: instead of killing it should just deal a very high damage (like 40 or 50) so it would definitely kill any normal unit but wouldn't instantkill units that cost much more than a mummy.

The spells are slowing, curse and fear (i don't remember perfectly every effect) I think they should at least have a cooldown of 3 (a mummy might still be able to affect 3 units in a row with different effect, that is still pretty strong)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Alexander82 wrote:What about a tech that gives orc units some magic resistance?
Like "Anti-Magic Skin". It might give a 50% resistance to all units controlled by the orc player
Daniel (the dev) wrote:that is too op - but to give that to individual orcs by a caster - that could work
Well now that i notice, elves units are all 80% resistant to spells

That might be the reason why undeads suffer a lot against elves.

Btw a mere 50% res against 80% doesn't seem so OP (Orcs would also need a tech)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Adding a spell resistance for all units would make the game more viable

Anyway the curse spell it's really too strong. I would give it a cooldown of 4/5 turns
Also the Slow spell shouldn't leave you immobilized. I suggest that slow should halve speed round up (a unit with a speed of 3 or 4 would go at 2, a unit with 5 or 6 would go at 3 and units with 2 or less would stay at 1 speed)
The fear spell is ok cause it just reduce attack but it doesn't leave you with a totally useless unit on the field. I would just make its effect a % than a straight number. Like -20% or 25% attack.

Elves can win against undead only cause regarding magic they are Op (strongest units are ranged and every unit has 80% spell resistance) and humans have the advantage of siege weapons (catapults are probably the strongest units in game that can kill a swarm of enemies before they can reach you) so aren't totally disabled by mummies spells and liches reanimation spell (that coupled with mummies can virtually create an endless army in the middle of harmless enemies).

Orcs strongest units are all melee and you end up having your best units converted and the first lines disabled (so that no new soldier can reach the battlefield).
I really believe that we should remove that OP 80% resistance that elves have (they already are mostly ranged and it is difficult to target them with debuffs cause they start killing your casters before they reach their casting range) and give some spells resistance to orcs that are forced to enter melee range, being an easy target for every debuff the enemy.

The disenchant spell is not a great solution because you should at least have a shaman for every enemy mummy or you would still end up with a immobile army.

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”