Undead knight seems a bit OP - ANSWERED

Alexander82

Undead knight seems a bit OP - ANSWERED

Post by Alexander82 »

Right now i have the feeling that undead knights are a bit too strong (also considering they will have an upgrade in the future).
They are pretty strong and a bit too difficult to take down, unless you have anti cavalry unit on your field.
I think this is probably cause of the fact they are almost immune to ranged units, making them beatable only with spearmen or stronger units.

I think that a unit almost invulnerable against ranged attack should be easyer to beat on melee to be balanced (unless the unit is pretty costly)
Last edited by Alexander82 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Age of Fantasy design leader
ejm29

Re: Undead knight seems a bit OP

Post by ejm29 »

I agree. Right now undead knight's are like tanks. It takes a ridicules amount of time to bring them down (IMO)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

when someone posts an "op" topic, please give suggestion on stat modification too! Thanks!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Suggested stats 1
Cost: 4
HP: 20
Attack power: 12
Range: 1
Armor: 0
Pierce armor: 5
Speed: 4
Sight: 5
Action: 1
Suggested stats 2
Cost: 5
HP: 31
Attack power: 12
Range: 1
Armor: 0
Pierce armor: 5
Speed: 4
Sight: 5
Action: 1
I think he should go down with 2 hits from a human knight (he don't receive damage from arrows, after all)
if he don't he should definitely cost more
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I dont think a turn is worth just some increase in health. Nevertheless they are weak enough to be killed according to me as i am never completely dependant on archers
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

You cant make a unit that is invulnerable from ranged attacks that is also strong against melee, that is fast, has a good attack (2 higher than knight) and just cost 4...
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

They are undead and made of bones etc and hence have to be stronger against ranged attacks
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

But just bones break better against a weapons xD
After all in d&d too undead have no constitution and have much less health
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

They're not OP at all, in fact, undead is the 2nd worst race of the game...

If you're humans, you just need pikemen or lancers
If you're elves, with fire archers and druids you can beat them easily
With orcs, orc pikemen will kill all the undead knight.

I think lowering the stats of undead knight will make undead even worse than the rest of races...
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

I agree to some extent with you pepe but not completely. Even then if you think it is such a bad race then try seeing my topic spectral rider. Maybe you will like it

Pepe

Post by Pepe »

The rest of undead melee units are too bad. If you're humans, with halberdier and knights you win the game
Plaguebearer

Post by Plaguebearer »

With the small selection of (mostly weaker) undead units, the undead knights are the only reliably strong units they can make. They aren't that hard to kill with anti-cavalry units. If you're trying to fight undead knights with swordsman and expecting to win you're doing it wrong lol. If you made them weaker undead would be way too easy to defeat in my opinion. I honestly think undead are the weakest of the races at the moment :/

I think nerfing undead knights health and attack, but also making them cost 3 turns would work, but also adding a new, stronger, undead cavalry that costs 5 turns would be great.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

undead definitely need more options, even thought they have probably some of the strongest spells available
Plaguebearer

Post by Plaguebearer »

Yes the spells are definitely good. Though I'd like to see one or two beneficial spells(buffs) like the other races have, I can understand why they don't have them. But I tested using anti-cavalry units from elves and humans against undead knights and they killed the knights pretty easily. In one or two hits max. Please don't nerf them too much!
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I think he should be slightly weaker than human knight. how bout that: keep all stats, except: hp:25 atk:10, because he can siply be created by liches, so theres not a big need for buying them IMHO.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
im playing a fantasy game against doomcarrot.
There undeads are not able to beat humans.
if we reduce the power of this unit, undeads are useless against Humans and cant
beat them.

i basically swarm him with double production power AND a allied orc AI and we cant even break ONE building and yust
sometimes a unit. Undeads have NO op units at all.
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well, in our game, I have built a castle and filled it with pikemen. It is virtuslly an impregnable defense against Patroid's undead, even though he swarmed it with like 15 undead knights at one point.

However, I think this is mostly due to undead not having siege yet. If undead had siege, Patroid could destroy my castle and easily wipe out practically everything.
Although his knights as of now are almost useless, they will be super op when fortifications become more balanced, because arrows do literally nothing to them, and pikemen take a good 2-3 hits to take them down themselves.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”