Imperial Pikeman or Spearman - ANSWERED

DreJaDe

Imperial Pikeman or Spearman - ANSWERED

Post by DreJaDe »

I suggest to remove the imperial Pikeman in the game and bring back the stats of the old imperial halberdiers.

The reason for this is like why is an imperial that's supposed to be elite have variants of the same category (I'm ok with Shielder and swordsman). Also it doesn't look good for as an elite unit and the unit itself doesn't look good.

Just a suggestion.
makazuwr32

Re: Imperial Pikeman or Spearman

Post by makazuwr32 »

Imperial halberdier is in the game (dev version) as well.

Has 40 hp, 20 attack and 5 turn cost.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:47 pm Imperial halberdier is in the game (dev version) as well.

I don't get the relevance of your statement?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

DreJaDe wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:20 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:47 pm Imperial halberdier is in the game (dev version) as well.

I am saying that imperial halberdier is not excluding imperial piker.

We also want to differentate halberds and pike-based weapons and thus orcs, dwarves and humans (for now) will have at base both halberdiers and pikemen.

Halberdier will have better hp and attack, on level of basic warrior-type unit of race, but with lower bonuses against cavalry. Maybe also with some temporary aoe via ability (researchable). They also will be more costly.
Pikeman on the other hand will have better bonuses against cavalry but weaker stats and attack (as they are now).

Back to imperial pikeman and imperial guard:
Imperial guard now is halberdier-type unit with decent hp (40 hp), good attack (20 attack) and halved from imperial pikeman's bonuses (150%). So overall he has at most same usability as imperial pikeman against cavalry but due to health he can survive more attacks of enemy cavalry AND he is also better fighter against non-cavalry targets than imperial pikeman. But he is more costly.
Imperial pikeman on the other hand has moderate hp (30 hp), lower attack (10 attack) and normal elite bonuses to cavalry (300%). He is also cheaper than guard.

As result imperial pikeman is more specialized against cavalry with better bonuses at cheaper cost while imperial guard is better in general stats that can be used in wider situation range while being worse as pure anti-cav and more costly.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

I think Halberdiers for aoe attack need to use the ability "cleave," because halberds had a great area of attack when swung horizontally.
OLÉ
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well name can be used that IF halberds will have ability to get power range.

It is still discussing.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Well name can be used that IF halberds will have ability to get power range.

It is still discussing.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:45 am

We also want to differentate halberds and pike-based weapons and thus orcs, dwarves and humans (for now) will have at base both halberdiers and pikemen.

Halberdier will have better hp and attack, on level of basic warrior-type unit of race, but with lower bonuses against cavalry. Maybe also with some temporary aoe via ability (researchable). They also will be more costly.
Pikeman on the other hand will have better bonuses against cavalry but weaker stats and attack (as they are now).

Imperial guard now is halberdier-type unit with decent hp (40 hp), good attack (20 attack) and halved from imperial pikeman's bonuses (150%). So overall he has at most same usability as imperial pikeman against cavalry but due to health he can survive more attacks of enemy cavalry AND he is also better fighter against non-cavalry targets than imperial pikeman. But he is more costly.
Imperial pikeman on the other hand has moderate hp (30 hp), lower attack (10 attack) and normal elite bonuses to cavalry (300%). He is also cheaper than guard.

As result imperial pikeman is more specialized against cavalry with better bonuses at cheaper cost while imperial guard is better in general stats that can be used in wider situation range while being worse as pure anti-cav and more costly.
I like this idea!

Now I suggest to

Better make the normal halberdiers a 2 turn units and remove entirely the normal swordsmen that I don't even know how it looks because no one uses it.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I am using them a lot. They are quite good units.
Also they will have even better role in future when we will rework bonuses (and remove some bonuses at all) - they will keep unlike their shielder more costly variants current anti-building bonuses.
Shielders will have halved anti building bonuses.

We also are planning to overall revamp of buildings: removal of special anti-megabuilding bonuses - they will count as fortifications, increasing hp of factories up to 100-150 range (still discussing), increasing hp of towers, walls and (a bit) megas, increasing significantly role of siege units and their bonuses against buildings (trebushet-like units will be only ones who will be able to demolish factory in single hit)...

Back to swordmen:
Human warrior (2 turn cost), dwarven swordman and warrior (upcoming ones, after revamp, both 3 turn cost) are affected by shield upgrades unlike halberdiers who aren't due to the lack of shield. In case of humans this means +2/+2 armor, in case of dwarves means +2/+2 armor and +10% to both melee and ranged dodges. This is sometimes quite significant difference.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

DreJaDe wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:21 am
makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:45 am

I like this idea!

Now I suggest to

Better make the normal halberdiers a 2 turn units and remove entirely the normal swordsmen that I don't even know how it looks because no one uses it.
Just to make sure:

We don't usually remove units but we generally orefer to adjust their stats if they aren't on par with others
Age of Fantasy design leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

makazuwr32 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:29 am I am using them a lot. They are quite good units.
Also they will have even better role in future when we will rework bonuses (and remove some bonuses at all) - they will keep unlike their shielder more costly variants current anti-building bonuses.
Shielders will have halved anti building bonuses.

We also are planning to overall revamp of buildings: removal of special anti-megabuilding bonuses - they will count as fortifications, increasing hp of factories up to 100-150 range (still discussing), increasing hp of towers, walls and (a bit) megas, increasing significantly role of siege units and their bonuses against buildings (trebushet-like units will be only ones who will be able to demolish factory in single hit)...

Back to swordmen:
Human warrior (2 turn cost), dwarven swordman and warrior (upcoming ones, after revamp, both 3 turn cost) are affected by shield upgrades unlike halberdiers who aren't due to the lack of shield. In case of humans this means +2/+2 armor, in case of dwarves means +2/+2 armor and +10% to both melee and ranged dodges. This is sometimes quite significant difference.
Is the shield = +armor and the dodge chances an incoming update cause I thought they're just an upgrade needed to upgrade a unit with shield.

But thanks for the response!!!
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Full info for dwarven blacksmith upgrades can be found HERE

And even for humans shield techs from blacksmith also give +2/+2 armor already.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Oh I didn't notice this, I thought this is included to the effect of group attack from the warfell captain. I almost don't play human without one.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Warfell captain's aura gives only +2 to attack.
Nothing else.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

Yeah right! That!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

ANSWERED
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Human Units, Buildings”