elfs are underpowered ? - ANSWERED

Menselot

elfs are underpowered ? - ANSWERED

Post by Menselot »

Elfs at every fantasy word have the best archers (but not at this game....)
If you had ever played with elfs you would realize that in small maps because of their early firepowerthey dominate (or have a good advantage to win).
In big maps elfs just are very bad because:
-Their archers are useless against high armoured troops (it takes a lot of turns to reach a player in such a map so the most players have researched already their technologies)
-The have no upgrades for their basics troops (something that make them week at late game)
-Their buildings are easily destroyed (everything you need to destroy a great tree is 3 elite orcs axeman and a turn)
-The elf sentinels can not be spammed (because they can only be recruited in cities) just like ocs do for their chieftens or the undead for their death knights....
-No strong defensive units except ents that can easily be burned or sentinels ( see above).

Just take 8 elven archers and an elite elite axe thrower who will win?
The elfs of course but they 6 of their comrades and only two remain!!!
Fantasy > 40k
Menselot

Re: elfs are underpowered ?

Post by Menselot »

Propose ideas how we can fix this problem !!!
Fantasy > 40k
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

It should be bring to AoF pools thought.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I don't agree
Menselot wrote: -Their archers are useless against high armoured troops (it takes a lot of turns to reach a player in such a map so the most players have researched already their technologies)
Yes, armored troops are meant to take low damage from arrows. There would be no point in them otherwise. Archers aren't the best options against armored. Try using poison+melee
Also some time ago i suggested a tech for an aimed shot to deal increased damage (overcoming most of unit armors).
Also, if my memory doesn't fail me, elves should have the disarmor spell that gives -10/-10 to armor.
Menselot wrote: -The have no upgrades for their basics troops (something that make them week at late game)
They have upgrades via techs. They basically have 3 levels of upgrades in everything but hp (they get dodge instead that is unique for them)
Menselot wrote: -Their buildings are easily destroyed (everything you need to destroy a great tree is 3 elite orcs axeman and a turn)
Daniel solved this cause many units had no json and i couldn't manually raise armor. It wil be in the next update.
Menselot wrote: -The elf sentinels can not be spammed (because they can only be recruited in cities) just like ocs do for their chieftens or the undead for their death knights....
Yes, it is true. We were working to a proposal for that (now elven infantry is good since it can easily sirvive by dodging. They survive much more than human infantry so i won't complain.
Menselot wrote: -No strong defensive units except ents that can easily be burned or sentinels ( see above).
Not everyone burns. Simply use a combo of sentinels and ents to face the right enemies. Also healing spells should be able to remove the negative status
Menselot wrote: Just take 8 elven archers and an elite elite axe thrower who will win?
The elfs of course but they 6 of their comrades and only two remain!!!
Not a great comparison. If i've got enough space and all upgrades on both sides a single double archer (3 turns) can defeat an axe thrower (3 turns) by simply shooting and stepping back. You simply need to outrange the enemy. This is the real strength of elves that can spam units that can outrange other units. The axe thrower is the winner only if you let him come into range, otherwise it looses.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Honestly, much of your problem seems to be that elves have a radically different playstyle than anything else. Everyone​ else in AoF and AoS relies on melee units to back up archers, with melee being an integral part of an army, but can be allowed to die, since more can be made to replace them. Elves aren't like that. Instead, melee elves are primarily for blocking critical locations and countering powerful units only, and must be protected, while archers are the primary damage source. Upgrades, specifically archery levels 1-3 are priority #1 for the added range.

These are just a couple tips. To a player skilled with them, I'd actually call elves the strongest race, not the weakest. This being said, they are also the highest maintenance, requiring extensive calculating of range and movement​ for turns in advance for their full potential.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Totally agree. Sometimes playing elves can be tiresome but if you play the right way you can preserve a lot of units productionwise and kill basically anything before it approaches.

The most important thing is that you can't be careless or you'll end up with a big one too close and won't have the means to kill it before he destroy your base.
Menselot

Post by Menselot »

Ok i read what you said
but i still want to see :
-A building for recruiting infantry
-A difrent kind of armor for buildings because destroying a building with arows is silly.....very silly.....
Fantasy > 40k
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

There is a topic on damage types
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Menselot wrote:Ok i read what you said
but i still want to see :
-A building for recruiting infantry
-A difrent kind of armor for buildings because destroying a building with arows is silly.....very silly.....
Both already in progress
The glorious sun rises again
Menselot

Re: elfs are underpowered ? (answered)

Post by Menselot »

Great then emm....
Solved
Fantasy > 40k
Menselot

Post by Menselot »

I hope this damage types to be implemented soon!!!
Fantasy > 40k
Alexander82

Re: elfs are underpowered ? - ANSWERED

Post by Alexander82 »

I've set it as ANSWERED
General Brave

Re: elfs are underpowered ? - ANSWERED

Post by General Brave »

And also before I visit the museum, the , elf are especially over power, to mini archers doing for damaging range.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.

Return to “Archived - Elven Units, Buildings”