Orc Warmage - ANSWERED

Post by RandomdudeNo123 »

Hp: 50/50
Attack: 10
Def: 2/2
Movement: 3
Cost: 6
(Starts with Lifesteal, like Vampire)
Description: Despising their weak-willed brothers, Orc Warmages draw energy for their spells from their own life energy. This damages them whenever they cast a spell, but intensifies the effects of the spell.

Spells:
Frenzied Strength: Give a unit +3/+3 and Double Strike. Self Damage 10, Cooldown 3
Raging Flames: Shoot a Fireball at the opponent for double Flame Effect. Self Damage 15, Cooldown 2
Blood Magic: Target enemy unit gains Fear Effect. Orc Warmage gains +2/+2. Self Damage 5 Cooldown 3
Energy Overload: Heavily damage all units (Friend and Foe) in a 5X5 area. Self Damage 50 (Instant Kill)

Author's notes: The Orc Warmage, in order to differenciate itself from the rest of the spellcasters in the game, focuses on the "Power at a Price" principle. While it's spells are nearly flat out improvements over the regular versions (Strength, Fear, Fireball), they come at the cost of risking your Warmage, a 6 cost unit. While the Warmage is intended to also be able to fight basic units without spells, this also puts a risk on your 6 cost unit. I'm not exactly sure if I should introduce a clause that prevents Warmage from being healed by other spells, as a Troll/Orc Shaman could just keep healing off any damage taken. Thoughts?

P.S Spells still work even if the Unit can't pay the HP price. This obviously kills the unit, though.
Savra

Re: Orc Warmage

Post by Savra »

We have warlock, we don't necessarily need anymore considering we also have pyromancer and a few new shamans coming in. For now that is.
RandomdudeNo123

Post by RandomdudeNo123 »

So what do you recommend I do? I could reskin the unit and move it to another faction suggestion, or I could just scrap another idea.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

Currently,

None of the factions needs such unit with this set of skills.
It's very op.

Orks and humans have plenty of ideas for offence caster, previous needs a re- organisation. Latter has battle and hybrid suggesions

So best u try different idea.
U can check existing suggestions - a bit time consuming.

And don't let this discourage you ;)
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

For now I think humans should keep battle type magic uses, the rest are doing fine.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I also think that orcs don't need a warmage type unit

Combining sword and magic is something more fit for humans and on a lower degree to few other races
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Orcish Units, Buildings”